In order to counteract money laundering and financing of terrorism (hereinafter — AML/CFT), Ak Bars Bank (hereinafter — the Bank), has established an Internal Control Program with the following principles and objectives:
- Prevent proceeds from criminal activities from penetrating the Bank;
- Minimize risks related to money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- Ensure the independence of the special Officer in charge of the Internal Control Program;
- Participation of the following persons and organizations in the detection of transactions subject to mandatory control and transactions wherein there exists suspicion of money laundering or financing of terrorism, irrespective of their positions within their area of competence:
- Employees in charge of the AML/CFT Program and implementation of internal controls of AML/CFT activities;
- Bank departments involved in banking and other activities;
- Legal Department; Security Department; Department of Internal Control.